country life and friends
What a wonderful weekend away. Driving through the country side and casting your eye as far as you can see and there are yellows, beige, brown, light green, dark green and the horizon. No buildings and everything slows down. With beautiful people to share the weekend and 12 or more children we had shared dinners of divine curries, sunday breakfasts of 3 and a half dozen eggs scrambled to feed all of us, and bacon and mushrooms on our massive camp fire. Horse riding and games, roasting marshmellows which became a little tricky as the heat from the fire was so intense you would shingh your eyelashes. Cold, cold and more cold, misty mornings, and refreshing. Our weekend was graced with a beautiful full moon and we could see the milky way arched above us, its unfortunate to know that our dear friend Guy Dupen passed away on sunday morning. Guy Dupen was my mum and dads friend and he gave me a job at the Breaky Creek Resturant whilst I was nursing at the Royal Brisbane. He always was very supportive and looked out for me and later in life we shared the intimacies of life of photography and philosophy. So to you Guy for your beautiful abilitiy to see nature through the lens, may I deliver our dream of our Straddie book one day until then I will snap away until I can deliver our dream - our book. x Rachel
Comments
Post a Comment